22 Jan Battimandorlo
Area: Noto, Siracusa
Main features: Beautiful View, Countryside, Fine Cuisine, Garden, Organic Agriculture, Peaceful, Quiet, Refined, and Swimming pool
Price per night: From €170 to €290
Perfectly positioned between the honey hues of Baroque Noto and the sparkling waters of Vendicari Nature Reserve, Battimandorlo Dimora di Campagna rests in the quiet rolling hills of Sicilian countryside. With a choice of just 5 double guest bedrooms, each uniquely beautiful, Battimandorlo makes for the perfect get away for couples.
At a Glance
- 5 guest rooms
- Set in the countryside with extensive grounds for walking and jogging and where nature walks abound
- Restful outdoor patios, nooks and niches
- Stunning infinity pool which pours into the rolling hills below for you to relax in
- Homemade breakfasts and lunches concocted using only fresh ingredients from the vegetable gardens
- Wine tasting, food and wine pairing
Battimandorlo is a tranquil haven nestling in 20 acres organic farmland of olive, almond and lemon trees just 6 kms away from the baroque city of Noto.
This ideal retreat was a modest farmhouse and country chapel dating back to the 1800s. It has been transformed into an all-suite luxury Boutique hotel with a pool and restaurant showcasing an array of modern designs with terraced gardens overlooking the Portelle Valley.
Much more than just a place to stay, Battimandorlo is a testament to the beauty and charm of an old- farmhouse once used as a rural chapel for Sunday mass. Visitors are invited to experience this outstanding boutique hotel as a refuge where to feel restored and revived as it offers visitors a blend of new-world comforts in tandem with mother nature’s soothing charms.
Choices of rooms:
All rooms are unique, and comforts are of the essence. At your disposal will be a selection of pillows and fine bed linen. Modern design coexists with antiques and family heirlooms with original artworks adorning the walls. You will also find some bespoke furnishings that have been handcrafted by local artisans using only the finest quality natural materials. Room temperatures are ensured through individually controlled underfloor heating and air conditioning.
Special attention to light, design elegance and quality materials define each of the deluxe rooms.
Room 01 – Classic with Garden
This bright and quiet room enjoys the fragrance of the garden with views over the luscious Mediterranean country landscape. It has a shower and access to a semi-private garden patio.
Room 02 – Classic with Garden
This romantic room has views over the vegetable and herb gardens enjoying all their colors and essences. It has an extra-large shower and access to a semi-private garden patio.
Room 03 – Superior with Balcony
Delicate pairing of textures and colors give this spacious room a sense of elegance, discreet and embracing luxury. It has a balcony with table and chairs
Room 04 – Deluxe with Terrace
Located on the first floor with bucolic views of the garden and lemon groves, this room with its numerous and large windows enjoys great light. Family heirlooms add folly and layers of character. Comfort inside and out with its large terrace, this room is the perfect refuge for quiet relaxation. It has an outdoor shaded living room and features open room-plan with a standalone bath, a spacious shower and a separate WC.
Room 05 – Deluxe with Terrace
This one is a dreamy space, a romantic haven. Also located on the first floor with enchanting views the valley covered with olive and almond groves. This rooms with its numerous and large windows exudes an ethereal quality. Gentle tones and a flood of light allow the surrounding nature to take center stage. Comfort inside and out with its large terrace, this room is the perfect refuge for a quietly relaxing interlude. It also has an outdoor shaded living room and features open-plan room with standalone bath, spacious shower and separate WC.
- The modern, minimalist design of its conversion sets the mood and juxtaposes well with the prevailing character and sense of place this once was.
- Room 05 is our favorite.
- In its gardens, one feels close to the earth, to its beauty and to authenticity. When lit up in the evenings by the moonlight, the views are simply breathtaking as the trees cast their shadows onto the glowing ground.
- Battimandorlo’s cuisine is one of love and care. The pace is slow and deliberate, one of yeast-rising and of slow-roasting. Each element and every dish from the menu are homemade and is inspired by the seasons.
- Enticing breakfasts celebrates both the sweet and the savory.
- Throughout the day, delightful light snacks can be served to please your whims and appease your hunger. Whether you desire a glass of chilled Sicilian wine in your room, a zesty fruit salad by the pool or some crisply fried seafood under the shade of an olive tree, Battimandorlo’s kitchen will ensure your gastronomic comforts and will delight you throughout the day.
- The restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner. Sitting on the terrace looking over a valley of olive and almond trees, our setting is intimate and peaceful. Booking is advised.
- Closest airport: Palermo, 1h20 by car
- Closest towns: Noto, 10 minutes by car
- Closest beach: San Vito lo Capo, Zingaro beaches; Cornino Bay, 30 minutes by car
- Siracusa: 45 minutes by car
Prices in Euros
Prices are per room for one or two persons sharing and include breakfast.
Extra services available on request:
- Cooking courses
- Visit vineyards in the area
- Boat tours
- Guided tours
- Yoga teacher
- Bespoke excursions
- Ortigia bathroom amenities
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Iron and ironing board on request
- Homemade continental breakfast served in the dining room or on the terrace.
- Parking (1 car)
- Air conditioning
- Underfloor heating
- Fridge stocked with complimentary water.
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Free Wi-Fi access
- TV LCD with satellite channels
- Beach towels and umbrellas
More things to do
- Cycling tours in and around the area
- Guided tour of Siracusa
- Culinary tour
- Half a day on on Enrico’s ketch
- Vendicari Nature Reserve with guide
- Personal Yoga teacher