28 Apr Hotel Capofaro
Area: Salina, Aeolian Islands
Main features: Al fresco dining, Close to the sea, Fine Restaurant, Peaceful, Secluded, Stunning Sea Views, and Swimming pool
Price per night: From € 310 to € 1,100
Chic simplicity reins in this whitewashed resort with incredible sea views and a large swimming pool just a few minutes drive from the centre of Santa Marina.
Capofaro Malvasia Resort is a haven of peace on the greenest of the Aeolian Islands, the perfect place for getting away from it all. It’s only a blissful five-minute drive from the center of Santa Marina. Here, a laidback holiday-feel evolves around its piazza and main street flanked with restaurants, cafés and irresistible quaint shops. The mountainous backdrop offers some amazing trekking trails. And then the clear blue sea, best enjoyed by boat that is easily hired.
Its strategic position makes this a favourable starting point to island hop and explore the other six Aeolian Islands.
The resort belongs to the famous wine making family of Tasca d’Almerita who grow their typical Malvasia grape on 15 acres of vineyards.
The rooms are scattered in low-rise bungalows amidst grapevines looking out to sea. The small resort has retained its typical Aeolian cool white and simple architecture with a minimal décor.
The clean lined large swimming pool in the middle of lush greenery looks out to sea and its adjoining terrace is an open invitation to enjoy the majestic sunset with a glass of wine.
Its bar and restaurant is a cool meeting place, not just for hotel guests. The menu is based on dishes made with local and fresh produce with an enchanting modern touch.
The 20 rooms are divided into four categories: double, superior, deluxe and suite. All rooms have a private terrace with a sea view that calls for meditation, breathing and dreaming. The interiors are simple, minimal, airy and comfortable.
One of the cottages is dedicated to beauty treatments and massage.
In the morning, a free shuttle operates to the beach club Rapanui, where hotel guests enjoy free entrance and a free shuttle service to the town centre in the evenings. Both are only a few minutes drive away.
Prices in euros
- Prices are per room per night for one or two persons and include breakfast.
- The addition of a 3rd bed is available on request in Junior Suite, Suite Exclusive and Suite 21 at € 60 per night.
- Transfer from/to Salina port on arrival/departure
- Free Shuttle service to/from the Rapanui beach in the morning
- Free entrance to the Rapanui beach
- Free Shuttle service to/from the centre of Santa Marina in the evening
Extra services available on request:
- Facial and body treatments
General Hotel Information
- Large swimming pool (20m x 8m)
- 20 rooms
- Extensive grounds for walking and jogging
- Buffet continental breakfast
- Outdoor space for relaxing and dining
- Vegetable garden
- Lounge Bar and Restaurant
- Wi-Fi in Restaurant, Club house and rooms
- Bad telephone connection
- Terrace with sea view
- Flat screen LCD TV
- Mini fridge
- Bathroom with bath or shower
More things to do
- Rent a scooter
- Rent a quad
- Rent a boat
- Sailing and motorboat tours
- Helicopter tours
- Personal Yoga teacher
- Trekking/hiking with a guide
- Wine tasting