28 Apr Hotel Zash
Area: Giarre, Catania
Main features: Al fresco dining, Beautiful View, Countryside, Fine Restaurant, Large Terraces, Peaceful, Rural, Sauna, Stylish, Swimming pool, and Wellness centre
Price per night:
This stylishly renovated ex-winery combining past and modern aesthetics, is situated in the lush countryside outside Catania.
Zash is a fine farmhouse dating back to the turn of the century and has been the owners’ family holiday home for several generations. In the sixties, citrus fruit crops replaced its grapevines and recently, the enterprising Paola Maugeri, has transformed it into an award-winning boutique hotel by opening its doors to visitors.
The general feeling is that of “once a farmhouse, always a farmhouse”. The grounds are covered in orange and lemon trees with an all-year round offering of sparkling leaves, scented flowers and juicy fruits. It is 20 minutes from the sea and 20 minutes from the vibrant city of Catania, overlooked by the majestic Mount Etna. It obviously includes a space for a vegetable garden too!
A quiet elegance prevails where the new additions are boldly combined with old traditions. The large swimming pool is minimal in its lines without disturbing the spacious green surroundings. The outdoor area offers comfortable armchairs as well as outdoor eating amenities. Inside, the old grind mill and winery lead to an intimate dining area and a well-stocked bar along with a wine cellar. The cuisine is aligned with the design. Chef Giuseppe Raciti creates tasty, light and refined dishes.
The bedrooms’ white walls, oak wood floors and the odd touch of lava stone combined with glass and contemporary details make a relaxing feast for the eye and for the spirit. Zash’s nine rooms are distributed between the main house, the winery and the garden. The grand suite in the main house has a living room as well as a double bedroom. The house faces Mount Etna which, by an imaginative use of mirrors, can be seen from many angles.
Naturally…Zash , a Sicilian Spa for a contemporary wellbeing as they call it opened in 2017. We say its wonderfully modern and mysterious as the cellars where the wine once rested have morphed into a place of relaxation and well-being for the mind, body and soul.
The pool made of Etna lava stone takes centre stage as it is surrounded by the original stone works of the build with a large view to the orange grove. All is tactile and warm, from the wooden deck beneath your feet to the intimate spaces of the hammam and sauna infused with lush garden aromas. Expertly designed to stunning effect, this flawless Spa exceeds even the highest expectations.
Prices in euros
- Prices are per room per night based on two people sharing and include breakfast
- Rooms for single use have a €25 reduction
- Grand Suite prices are intended for 4 persons in two rooms
- Children up to 4 years old are free
- Minimum stay: August 5 nights, Christmas 2 nights, Easter and New Year’s eve 3 nights.
Discounts applicable in low season:
- 20% discount for more than 6 nights (all rooms)
- 15% discount for 4 to 6 nights (all rooms)
- Early Booking: bookings made 60 days or more prior to arrival
- Minimum stay 2 nights 10% discount
- Minimum 3 nights 15% discount
Extra services available on request:
- Transfer to/from hotel
- Personal trainer
- Personal shopper
- Baby sitting
- Dog sitting
- Facial and body treatments
- Access to the beach lido
- Laundry room
General Hotel Information
- Large swimming pool (21m x 6m)
- In the countryside
- 9 rooms
- Extensive grounds for walking and jogging
- Outdoor space for relaxing and dining
- Lounge Bar
- Restaurant is indoor or outdoor depending on weather
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel
- Wellness centre with sauna, turkish bath, pool with air bubble massage, emotional showers and the possibility to book massages
- Flat screen LCD TV
- Cordless telephone
More things to do
- Cycling tours in and around the area
- Sailing and motorboat tours
- Yacht and sailing boat hire
- Wine and food tours
- Mount Etna with a guide
- Personal Yoga teacher
- Quad riding
- Skiing on Mount Etna
- Helicopter tours