28 Apr N’Orma
Area: Chiaramonte Gulfi - Ragusa
Main features: Al fresco dining, Countryside, Peaceful, Quirky, and Swimming pool
Price per night: From € 295 to € 345
This beautifully restored country house and bed and breakfast is a pure joy to discover as you immerse yourself in the natural landscape of the area. The owners’ sensitive approach to design has made this two room only B&B a unique and special experience for their guests.
From the exclusive use of the pool, the intimacy of the common spaces and much attention to the finer details you are in for a great treat!
Aesthetes will marvel at the simplicity of this bed and breakfast overlooking olive groves and vineyards on the hills of the Iblei Mountains. Situated in the countryside below the village of Chiaramonte Gulfi, it is close to Ragusa in the south-eastern part of Sicily.
This small renovated country house beautifully incorporates its original structure with innovation combining modernity and tradition. The spaces are adapted for rural living in a contemporary way. While the owners make it their home and summer atelier, two amply sized rooms looking on to the swimming pool and the olive trees have been created for guests to stay.
These two rooms connect indoor and outdoor spaces through the large glazed openings. Both rooms feature open plan built-in bathtubs and are ideal for couples on a romantic break. Since the two rooms are next to each other two couples could share the bed and breakfast for their exclusive use. Don’t be misled by the spartan first impression. Some finer details include pure linen sheets and towels, bedspreads in pure cashmere, natural toiletries and designed artefacts have been carefully chosen to blend in with the original features. The lighting is designed by Davide Groppi.
The breakfasts are long and leisurely, the snacks and meals are simple with fine healthy products in line with the style of this unique place. The late afternoon aperitif is undoubtedly highlighted by the spectacular sunset. The limited menu varies daily and is based on local fresh produce – the olive oil is of their own making. If you come between September and October you can part-take in the olive harvest! The extension of the outdoor space invites for long walks and bicycle rides through the linear countryside in this part of Sicily. The rooms include some gardening tools should you like to contribute to the care of plants and vegetables or even plant a seed.
The intimacy of N’orma invites each guest to take possession of the communal spaces and make them theirs by playing Croquet and Bocce, read a book in the library, meditate on a terrace, chat by the pool or simply enjoy stillness.
Prices in euros
- Prices are per room for one or two persons sharing and include breakfast.
- There are no cots and children are only accepted if both rooms are booked.
- You can secure both rooms for a minimum of 7 nights from 25 December to 7 January by booking before November 15th.
Extra services available on request:
- Cooking lessons for stays of minimum 7 nights
- Visit vineyards in the area
- Pre-book sunbeds on the best beaches of Marina di Ragusa (for stays of minimum 7 nights)
- Personal shopper (for stays of minimum 7 nights)
- In the countryside outside Chiaramonte Gulfi
- 2 rooms
- Swimming pool 15m x 3.50m open from April to November from 9.00 to 19.00
- Extensive grounds
- Tracks for jogging
- Breakfast is served from 9.00 to 12 noon.
- The kitchen opens for light lunches from 13.30 to 15.00
- Drinks and snacks are served from 18.30 to 20.00
- Pre-booked dinners are served from 20.00 to 21.30
- Room Service is available at €10
- Picnic basket for two costs €58
- Free use of bikes
- Free use of Croquet and Bocce
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Daily Newspapers available
- Check-in from 15.00 to 20.00
- Check-out by 12 noon – late check-out can be arranged for €50
- Cooling and heating system
- King-size bed
- Safe available
More things to do
- Cycling tours in and around the area
- Guided tour of Siracusa
- Culinary tour
- Half a day on on Enrico’s ketch
- Vendicari Nature Reserve with guide
- Personal Yoga teacher