03 May Tenuta Terre Normanne
Area: Piedimonte Etneo, Catania
Main features: Al fresco dining, Barbecue, Beautiful View, Countryside, Garden, Infinity Swimming Pool, Modern, Peaceful, Refined, Rural, Secluded, and Work Space
Less than an hour from Catania airport, Tenuta Terre Normanne is a fifteen-acre active vineyard offering stylish accommodation with a large pool in the heart of the spectacular Etna DOC wine region. Amidst lush vineyards, this area is in full growth and there are many fine restaurants and numerous vineyards with wineries where you can indulge in wine-tastings. It’s not only about food and wine though! Not far from Tenuta Terre Normanne you can go horse-riding, the area is a favourite for trekking, mountain biking and quad rides and in winter, don’t miss the thrill of skiing on Europe’s largest active volcano’s slopes! It is close to various hilltop towns and the train station of the Circumetnea is a short walk away. The elegant town of Taormina is only a 30-minute drive away! You will no doubt feel at home in this beautiful country & wine house.
The 15-acre property is surrounded by its vineyards and extensive land, it features an infinity pool overlooking mount Etna, beautiful guestrooms with sweeping views, stylish furnishings, open fireplaces, al fresco dining areas and outdoor cooking facilities. Here you will find everything you need for a large group of friends and family to spend some quality time together.
The heart of the main house evolves around the open space of 80 sq. m. Its living area is dominated by large comfortable sofas. The dining area can accommodate 16 persons around the large dining table and the kitchen is a dream come true for any aspiring chef!
A few steps below the living and dining area is the original millstone in the “palmento” where the grapes were once crushed and left to macerate. Here you can help yourself to the private wine cellar with DOC wines from the Etna Region, including Terre Normanne’s own wines.
As you approach the house
Like all traditional farmhouses the Tenuta consists of several buildings. The main house is on two floors. In the old days, the owners lived upstairs and on the lower floor, known as Palmento, the wine was made. Several smaller houses were used as shelters for the animals, tools and staff. All of which have now been converted into rooms as follows.
Main House 250 sq.m. dates back to 1860
A large open space (80 sq.m) with living and dining areas
Large fully equipped kitchen with fireplace
Al fresco dining
2 stylish double bedrooms, each with its en-suite bathroom with shower
THE OLD PALMENTO
Wine cellar, sitting areas, a play and tv room and a work space a Guest WC and 2 open fireplaces
the old farmer’s House 150 sq.m.
2 double bedrooms each with an en-suite bathroom, one with hydro-massage bath and a Study
Living area with a fireplace
Fully equipped kitchen with eating space
One bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
Al fresco dining
Two double bedrooms that share one bathroom with shower
This house can be rented to smaller groups from January to 25 June and from 4 September to 17 December.
LA VITE (maximum 4 persons) and GLI ULIVI (max 7 persons) can be booked separately, and if need be you can add the smaller annex, LE MELE (max 3 adults). The property will only be sold for exclusive use, you will never share the property with other guests even if you only book part of the property.
Prices available on request.
The maximum occupancy for the whole property is 14 adults.
The large Pool
The pool area’s spacious deck is complete with sun-loungers and parasols. From here you will be mesmerised by the view of the vineyards, the countryside and the lower slopes of Mount Etna. The spot is perfect for soaking up the sun and accompanying magical sunsets with a glass in hand.
The swimming pool is large and perfect for playing, exercising and swimming laps!
A changing space, and WC are in a separate building discreetly at hand.
The division of the rooms in the separate buildings allow for much privacy even if you have a full house!
The kitchen of La Vite, the main house, opens onto a terrace for informal meals.
Gli Ulivi’s kitchen spills out onto a covered terrace for outdoor meals and onto the gardens.
A shaded gazebo houses a large table and an outdoor kitchen complete with barbecue. The houses are surrounded by lawn so lots of space for picnics and lounging on the grass.
The grounds include a kitchen garden and fruit trees so some of your ingredients will be of the freshest kind! Francesco, the caretaker who lives nearby will leave freshly laid eggs and croissants every morning for breakfast.
- Closest airport: Catania, 1 hour by car
- Closest town: Rovittello, 15 minutes by foot
- Taormina: 25 minutes by car
- Closest beaches: 25 minutes by car
- Picciolo Golf Club: 5 minutes by car
- Welcome basket
- Prices include daily cleaning except Sunday with mid-week linen change
- Check-in and check-out service
- Maximum occupancy is for 14 persons
- Minimum stay 4 nights
Extra services available on request:
- Shopping service €40 plus cost of groceries
- Meal on arrival
- Cook service
- Private Chef
- 24/7 Concierge service
- Extra cleaning service €20/hour
- Personal Yoga Teacher
Security Deposit €1,500
At a Glance
- Total 7 double bedrooms in 3 separate buildings – see below
- A dedicated workspace
- Open plan living dining and kitchen
- Infinity Pool (16m x 8m depth 1.40m) with sun loungers
- Outdoor shower and bathroom by pool
- Vegetable garden with seasonal fruits and vegetables for guests’ use
- Outdoor living on two sides of the villa
- Outdoor eating area with kitchen and BBQ
- Spacious grounds
- Ideal for a group of friends or family
- Special events are welcome
LA VITE (Main House)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Large living
- 2 double bedrooms each with ensuite bathroom with shower
- Wine cellar
- TV / Games Room
- 2 double bedrooms each with ensuite bathroom (one with shower and one with hydro-massage tub)
- Living and kitchen
- Al fresco dining
- One bedroom with ensuite bathroom
- 2 double bedrooms
- 1 bathroom with shower
- Air-conditioning throughout
- High Speed Wi-Fi
- Dishwasher in both kitchens
- Oven in both kitchens
- Fridge/freezer in both kitchens
- Laundry room with washing machine
- TV in La Vite’s lower floor and in Gli Ulivi’s Living
- Open fireplaces in La Vite and in Gli Ulivi
- Private Parking
More Things to do
- Breakfast service
- Cycling tours in and around the area
- Chauffeur driven tours with or without guide
- Personal shopper
- Half a day on boat with lunch or aperitif on Enrico’s ketch
- Yacht/Sailing boat hire
- Yacht/Sailing boat tours
- Vendicari Nature Reserve with specialised guide
- Helicopter tours
- Personal Yoga teacher
- Cooking courses
- Private cook
- Private chef