09 Nov Villa Cozzo Coniglio
Area: Vendicari, Siracusa
Main features: Al fresco dining, Close to the sea, Countryside, Modern, Peaceful, Quiet, Rooftop terrace, Rural, Secluded, and Swimming pool
Price per week: From €4.550 to €7,800
Price per night: From €650 to €1.114
At a glance
- Master double, en-suite bathroom with bath
- Twin/double with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Twin/double share a bathroom with bath and shower
- L shaped dining room with a cook’s kitchen
- Independe self contained unit with a double en-suite bedroom , flexible twin, shower and kitchenette
- Outdoor dining space by kitchen
- Outdoor BBQ with large table
- Shaded pool with space for sunbeds
- Lounge area, eating and kitchenette by pool
- Outdoor shower and bathroom by pool
- Rooftop terrace
- Spacious grounds with olive trees and fruit trees
- Ideal for families with children or small group
Sitting on top of a hill, 20mn away from Noto this unique villa is the ideal spot from which to experience all that the South East Sicilian coast has to offer while remaining a cool base inviting you to get away from it all. A narrow white road flanked by vineyards lead up to this striking villa with magnificent views stretching over the Vendicari nature reserve.
There is no shortage of space in this modern villa consisting of 4 independent but interconnecting volumes enclosing an open-air central courtyard. The layout of the lateral living focusses onto the courtyard whiles the bedrooms retain their privacy by giving on to the garden and wider landscape beyond.
One of these volumes is fully self-contained. Some of the design features are drawn from environmental considerations such as the cooling towers that bring a flow of air into the build. These vertical elements visibly articulate the space connecting the volumes.
As you enter the courtyard
A pergola contours and defines the spaces for outdoor dining with the long dining table positioned in front of the open plan kitchen and for outdoor living further up a few steps. This shaded path also leads the way to the privacy of the bedrooms and the outer spaces creating a fluid harmony between the intimate and the shared spaces as well between the outdoor and indoor.
The villa’s clean lines of the crisp white contemporary architecture are offset by a more exuberant Sicilian color scheme defining the open plan living areas overlooking the courtyard. You cannot miss the warm sunshine yellow in the kitchen and the azure blue with splashes of red and yellow furnishings in the comfortable living areas.
The main volume housing the large L shaped open plan kitchen and dining room comes with a service area for the laundry, a WC and staff single bedroom/ storage. On one side, the volume with the relaxing living area has a double bedroom and a twin bedroom sharing a private bathroom. On the other side each have a double bedroom and a twin bedroom each with private bathrooms.
On its own is the flexible self-contained volume, with a kitchen, an en-suite double bedroom, private bathroom and twin bedroom that doubles up as some main living.
All bedrooms look out on to the magical landscape beyond.
The Pool with its shaded pergola
The relaxing area by the large infinity pool comes complete with sun deck and sun loungers, two shaded terrace areas and a raised lounging terrace offers tantalizing sunset views set in complete harmony with the natural surroundings. Changing rooms, showers and WC are discreetly at hand.
Each bedroom benefits from unequalled privacy, quietness and serenity. A double and a twin room have been teamed up in each unit making it ideal for a couple with their children to coexist along friends and family.
The central courtyard space for cool living but it can also be enjoyed purely as a void filtering the abundant natural daylight into the building. From here a staircase will also take you to the roof terrace with the panoramic views.
A separate area among the pomegranates is dedicated to outdoor simple cooking on the old-style BBQ with a large sturdy table.
The villa sits on top of a hill with breathtaking views over the nature reserve of Vendicari and great ambiance from every part of the property.
The kitchen is extremely well-appointed with double appliances, two ovens, two dishwashers, plenty of equipment and a supply of basic cooking products. It is ideal for group cooking and cooking courses as you can spread out on the dining table indoors and the long outdoor table facing the kitchen.
You can diversify your evening by using the stone bbq and table in the garden with views to the landscape or at the long table where to spend pleasant evenings in the courtyard.
- Closest airport: Catania, 1h10 minutes by car
- Closest town: Noto, 15 minutes by car
- Closest beach: Vendicari’s beaches, 10 minutes by car
- Siracusa: 45 minutes by car
- Plus 800 € hospitality fee (includes initial and midweek cleaning; linen change and full concierge service)
- Maximum occupancy is for 12 persons
- Minimum stay 4 nights
Extra services available on request:
- Shopping service €40 plus cost of groceries
- Meal on arrival
- Cook service
- Private Chef
- Extra cleaning service €15/hour
- Personal Yoga Teacher
Security Deposit €1,500
Availability and Booking
Sitting on top of a hill, 20mn away from Noto this unique villa is the ideal spot from which to experience all that the South East Sicilian coast has to offer while remaining a cool base inviting you to get away from it all.
Prices start at: €1,080 per night
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Wind catchers
- 2 Dishwashers
- 2 Ovens
- 6 gas rings
- 2 Ovens
- Washing machine
- Laundry room
- Ipod dock
- DVD Player
- Private Parking
- The lane leading to the villa is a dirt track
- Swimming Pool
More Things to do
- Cycling tours in and around the area
- Chauffeur driven tours with or without guide
- Personal shopper
- Half a day on boat with lunch or aperitif on Enrico’s ketch
- Yacht/Sailing boat hire
- Yacht/Sailing boat tours
- Vendicari Nature Reserve with specialised guide
- Helicopter tours
- Personal Yoga teacher
- Cooking courses
- Private cook
- Private chef