Area: Salina, Aeolian Islands
Main features: Balconies, By the sea, Peaceful, Secluded, and Stunning Sea Views
Price per night: From € 92 to € 396
At the very end of the tranquil area of Lingua lies this charming little hotel in true Aeolian style. By the sea, it has a small wooden pier that leads into the water for easy and endless dips.
La Salina Borgo di Mare’s gate is the entrance to this secluded little “village” with its tiny alleys, steps and balconies that unite the various small and typical Aeolian-style buildings.
The centre of Lingua, famous for its seafront promenade with restaurants and for its renowned “granita” is only a couple of minutes’ walk away. A little bit further is the centre of Santa Marina with a wider selection of high quality shops and restaurants.
Surrounded by clear blue sea, this little hotel looks on to the neighbouring islands of Panarea, Stromboli, Lipari and Vulcano. On clear days you can even see the ever glorious Mount Etna!
Even though this hotel is elegant and comfortably refurbished, it still makes you want to kick your shoes off the moment you arrive. All rooms are different from each other and are divided into Standard, Superior, Deluxe and Junior Suites. All have outdoor seating and some have a hammock.
The sea front – where typical blocks of lava stone have been placed to protect the building from high waves in winter – offers sunbeds and a wooden pier leading into the sea.
There is no restaurant here, but the common shaded area is at your disposal for a lush buffet breakfast that includes fruit and cakes among other attractions. There are daily papers for your perusal and some cool aperitifs are served here too! If you are too lazy to walk down to the nearest restaurant, Davide, who runs this gem, will arrange to have your meal sent to your terrace from a nearby restaurant!
Prices in Euros
- Prices are per room per night based on two people sharing.
- Rooms for single use are discounted by €20 per night.
- The addition of a cot is available on request at €10 per night.
- Standard: ground floor terrace garden view
- Superior: first floor balcony sea view
- De Luxe: ground floor terrace sea view
- Jr Suite: first floor terrace and balcony sea view, hydro massage tub and shower
- Transfer from/to Salina port on arrival/departure
- Continental buffet breakfast
- Use of sunbeds and beach towels
General Hotel Information
- Tranquil location
- 24 rooms
- Gorgeous sea views
- Outdoor lounge area and bar
- Buffet continental breakfast
- Wi-Fi in common area
- Check-in from 14.00
- Check-out by 10.00
- Terrace and/or balcony
- Bathroom with shower
More things to do
- Rent a scooter
- Rent a quad
- Rent a boat
- Sailing or motorboat tour
- Helicopter tour
- Trekking with a guide
- Personal Yoga teacher