Area: Piedimonte Etneo, Catania
Main features: Al fresco dining, Beautiful View, Countryside, Fine Cuisine, Fine Restaurant, Garden, Large Terraces, Peaceful, Refined, Stylish, Swimming pool, and Wine Cellar
Price per night: From € 150 to € 195
Hotel Talé resides in between the staggering Mt Etna’s smoking hot summit and the cool Mediterranean sea below. Just outside the small city of Piedimonte, this gorgeous boutique hotel and pool are home to style and succulent cuisine that reveal the essence of Sicily in all its diversity and glory.
Previously a typical Etna farmhouse surrounded by vineyards and lemon groves, this stylishly renovated property offers 10 luxury guest rooms paired with a fine restaurant, pool and gardens.
Whether you eat in the all-white minimalist dining room, or dine on the sea-view terrace, you will find an unexpected play of opposites which encapsulate vintage, classicism and modern chic. The fine Talé cuisine, designed by the hands of its masterful chef, carefully blends ingredients, gifts of the land, the mountains and the sea.
Ideally located within easy reach of Mt Etna’s summit, the beaches of the Ionian Sea, and all the charms and sights of Catania, Hotel Talé offers supremely beautiful views of the famous volcano and the sea.
This old property’s ten new guest rooms stylishly incorporate its rustic origin, adding greatly to their appeal. The mood created from harmonious shades of whites, shades of grey, dark volcanic hues, is one of extreme restfulness. It is enhanced by the minimalist interior design and custom-built furnishings. Some of the bedrooms are spaciously laid out on two floors with well-design bathrooms containing rectangular basins and oversized rain-showers. Some are situated amidst cherry trees in a separate building some 300 metres from the main building, guaranteeing maximum privacy. One room is totally self-sufficient complete with its own kitchen.
The Talé swimming pool is surrounded by lush greenery where the perfume of orange blossoms and the grumbling Etna create a unique setting for relaxation and contemplation. Also, it prepares you to set out for an active exploration of the vast and fascinating volcanic territory.
This property is the ideal location for a small group of 20 to aptly combine work, round table presentations and pleasure in Style! It’s also perfect for all kinds of incentive travels.
Prices in euros
- Prices are per room per night based on two people sharing and include breakfast
- Rooms for single use have a reduction of 10%
- 3rd bed is available on request at a supplement of €35/night
- 4th bed is available on request at a supplement of €25/night
- Children upto 5 years are free when sharing a room
- A cot is available on request
- Half board supplement is €40 per person and includes two dishes and dessert. Drinks are not included.
Extra services available on request:
- Yoga teacher
- Cycling tours
- Walking and trekking
- Chauffeur driven excursions with or without guide
- Tour of Etna wineries
At a glance
- Swimming pool (12m x 6m)
- In the countryside
- 10 rooms
- Extensive grounds for walking and jogging
- Outdoor space for relaxing and dining
- Restaurant is indoor or outdoor depending on weather
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel
- Animals are welcome but will not be allowed by the pool nor in the restaurant
- Cordless telephone
More things to do
- Cycling tours in and around the area
- Sailing and motorboat tours
- Yacht and sailing boat hire
- Wine and food tours
- Mount Etna with a guide
- Personal Yoga teacher
- Quad riding
- Skiing on Mount Etna
- Helicopter tours
- Canyoning on the Alcantara Gorge