Area: Modica, Ragusa
Main features: Al fresco dining, Central, Quirky, and Terrace
Price per week: from € 270 to € 340 per night
Price per night:
Part of a small cluster of houses a few minutes walk from Modica’s main street and an enchanting view of this idyllic town, makes for a romantic hip hideaway.
Casa Buendia lies at a stone’s throw away from its co-owned boutique hotel. Carved in the rock it exudes an ancestral and primitive feel.
The house is laid out on two floors – the living area on the upper floor enjoys a marvellous view of Modica. The cosy living area, by the simple and functional kitchenette, doubles up as extra bed space with two single beds. It has a small private garden where you can cuddle up in its cool caveside.
The bedroom is on the lower floor and features a spacious shower with soft whitewashed walls closed off by a curtain.
A unique and delicious breakfast of freshly made fruit juice, yoghurt, homemade jams and local cakes are served on the hotel terrace.
Prices in euros
Prices are per night
- Minimum stay 2 nights, minimum 3 in August
- Maximum occupancy 4 persons
The price includes:
- Daily cleaning
Extra services available on request:
- Breakfast is available in hotel at extra cost of €15/person
- Private Chef
- Personal Yoga Teacher
Security deposit €500
At a glance
- One double bedroom with a shower
- Separate WC
- Open plan kitchen
- Lounge area with two L shaped single beds
- Terrace with space for relaxing
- Outdoor eating space with a view
- Small private garden
- A larger group can spread out into two villas and boutique hotel
- 4 ring hob
More Things to do
- Cycling tours in and around the area
- Guided tour of Modica
- Half a day on boat with lunch or aperitif on Enrico’s ketch
- Vendicari Nature Reserve with guide
- Personal Yoga teacher
- Scooter rental
- Private Chef
- Cooking classes